ABOUT THE AWARDS
We're awarding 14 categories, divided into two distinct sections: Interior Projects and Products. If you think your designs have what it takes to make the shortlist, we're searching for the most innovative and groundbreaking design solutions in the following categories:
- Residential interiors - from single-use homes to multi-occupancy residencies, private houses including country houses, chateaux, castles and apartments
- Workspace interiors - including offices, studios, call centres, factories and banks. The Awards will be judged in two sub categories: Workspace interior projects less than 10,000 square metres will be judged separately to those greater than 10,000 sq. m.
- Retail interiors - including retail outlets, shopping centres, stores, showrooms and pop-ups. The Awards will be judged in two sub categories: Retail interior projects less than 200 sq. m. will be judged separately to those greater than 200 sq. m.
- Restaurants - fine dining, multiple restaurants, cafés, canteens, pop-ups or fast food
- Bars - stand alone bars, nightclubs and members' clubs
- Hotels - new build, conversion, restoration and refurbishment projects
- Leisure or entertainment venues - theatres, concert halls, spas, health clubs, gyms, salons, cinemas, stadiums and sports centres
- Museum or exhibition spaces - museums, galleries, temporary and permanent exhibitions
- Public sector - schemes for civic, transport, education or healthcare projects, hospitals, schools, colleges and universities, spiritual centres, libraries, charities, nursing and care homes, parliamentary buildings and embassies
- Lighting design - from small installations in shops to large retail developments
- Lighting products - interior luminaires, lamps and exterior lighting products
- Furniture - public, leisure, domestic or office furniture - designed for public areas in both public and private sector including outdoor furniture, chairs, tables, cabinets, desks, stools, sofas
- Interior accessories - including wall and floor coverings, decorative objects, sanitary ware etc.
One lucky firm will be crowned overall winner and receive the Interior Design Practice of the Year Award 2013.
Eligibility: Architects, designers, developers, contractors, clients and associated organisations on behalf of architects and designers from around the world are all invited to compete. The condition for taking part is that projects entered have been completed on or after 1st January 2010. There is no limit on the number of projects that can be submitted. Projects can also be submitted in more than one category where relevant. Judging will take place in July 2013. Shortlisted and winning entrants will be notified and announced week commencing 12 August 2013
Projects: The jury will judge entries on a number of factors including originality, innovation, form and special quality, sustainability and context, but the following two areas will carry the most weighting:
How the design has addressed key elements of the client brief.
How the design has used an innovative approach to integrate and enhance its context within its environment / community.
Products: The judges will be looking for designs that are helping to shape the future of interior design, whilst keeping within the boundaries of commercial viability and sustainability. Another key factor will be the quality of the presentation; how the architect or designer conveys his or her ideas to the panel.
A long list of entries will initially be selected after the closing date. Further details of these projects will then be requested, including plans, sections, elevations and more technical information. From the long list, a shortlist will be selected before an overall winner is chosen.
Deadline: The closing date for the WAN Interiors Design Awards is 14 June 2013
Cost: The entrance fee is £250 GBP, 293.12 Euros, USD 380.37, AUD 364.58, CAD 389.49.
Submission format & guidelines: The format for the initial submission is as follows:
Text summary - 300 - 400 words
1 main image @ 385 pixels wide
6 additional images @ 1000 pixels wide
Text summary - Include information about how your design addresses the judging criteria above. The size and completion date must be properly declared.
Images - If submitting your entry online, you can upload your images using the upload form 'Backstage' (see below). Submissions by email should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send images in jpeg format and text summary as a Word doc or Adobe pdf. Where possible, please send text summary as continuous text, not bullet points etc. You can view an example of how your project will appear on worldinteriorsnews.com by clicking HERE
Online entry: You are invited to submit your entry online. You can do this via the 'Visit Backstage' button on the WAN homepage: www.worldarchitecturenews.com. If you are already registered you will be able to click 'login' and use your existing registration code and password. If you are registering for the first time you will need to click the 'register' button and complete the registration form. You will then be sent a registration code and password by email, which you can use to log in to 'Backstage'. (Please check your spam folder if you do not receive this immediately.) Once logged in, you can submit your entry using the 'Purchase Award Credits' link on the left side of the login page - use the drop-down menus to select the Interior Design sector and number of projects you wish to enter, then click 'Submit' - check your billing details are correct, then click 'Continue' - this will take you to a secure page. Click 'Proceed' and enter your card details, then click 'Confirm Order', then 'Authorise'. Once payment is complete, click 'Continue' to return you to the login page. You will now have a new 'upload' link, which you can use to upload your project as a competition entry.
Submitting your entry by email: Alternatively, you can submit your project by email and send payment by cheque or bank transfer.
We will send you an invoice with all the details you need to make payment. Please email submissions and direct any questions or problems regarding entries and registration to email@example.com.
Please make cheques payable to WAN and send to the address:
World Architecture News
The Media Centre
15 - 17 Middle Street
UK entries please add VAT
For further information on how to enter these prestigious awards, contact Megan Cox on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1273 201 117.